Thursday, June 25, 2009

Meet a U.S. President (former or current)...CHECK!

Ok, so…Last night my company gave me and three of my coworkers tickets to the Braves vs. Yankees game for a “Team Building” night. Last season they purchased 4 seats in the SunTrust box, which is the section of the stadium RIGHT BEHIND Home Plate. They actually valet your car when you arrive at the stadium! As an added bonus, all the food and drinks are included in the price of the ticket (yes, adult beverages too)! We are seated in the second row directly behind the Braves on-deck spot. As I am people watching from these fabulous seats, I turn around and see Jimmy Carter! Yes, the 39th President of the United States of America. That guy. For about 3 innings I was in shock and kept sneaking pictures of him. I didn’t want to be that girl so I waiting patiently for someone else to make the first move. So I waited until he was approached by one gentleman, jumped up from my seat, walked over to him and said (while shaking) “Excuse me Mr. President, do you mind if I have your autograph?” He smiled at me and said “sure” and I proceed to tell him that he is my little sister's idol. He thought that was very sweet and blew me a kiss. I was so happy to have that opportunity to meet a PRESIDENT and to be able to get his autograph for Erin that I cried. In front of Jimmy Carter. Sigh. Oh well. So after that happens, Chipper Jones wife shows up and sits in the seat right next to us. How did I know it was his wife? Oh because the next time he was on deck he stopped at the fence to chat. So by this time we are well into the 5th inning and I don’t think I’ve seen a single pitch yet.
Definitely in the top 3 of the Best Days EVER!!!

You know you have good seats when a former President is sitting BEHIND you!


Here is my proof that I saw him :) Plus the autograph!
With my coworkers Mitch and Nyree


Chipper Jones going up to bat


Swing Batter!

Frenchy!


A-Rod's turn


No comments: