Monday, October 27, 2008

A weekend filled....

I'm not really sure how to describe this past weekend. It was a weekend filled with get togethers that's for sure; some for good reasons, some also for not-so-good reasons.

Friday was the memorial service for Uncle Buddy. We were fortunate to have Aunt Val fly in from Bogota to perform the service which made it extra heartfelt and personal. She did such a wonderful job, I am still thinking 4 days later about all the things she said and the touching memories that were shared. It amazes me to be a part of such a wonderful family, especially after recent events, all the unconditional love they give - its inspiring.

Saturday Tim & I went up to the Blue Ridge cabin to have lunch with Aunt Karla. It was so wonderful to see her again - we hadn't seen her since our wedding! So we got to spend the afternoon catching up and watching football. It was a beautiful crispy day up in North Georgia.
Saturday was also Brian's birthday so Freddie, Brian, Susan, Bree, Matt, Tim and I all headed out for dinner and to watch more football. It was nice to spend the day laughing. Georgia had a great win over LSU so that made the day extra sweet.

Sunday Tim and I were slugs on the log of life. After all the running around we have been doing lately, it was nice just to sit on the couch, read and watch TV. We went grocery shopping and walked the beast - that was the extent of our Sunday activities :)

I can't believe with all the get togethers this weekend I did not take a single picture! Sorry, I am slacking.

Oh and may I add - Happy Birthday to Leanne and Kim! xoxo

No comments: