Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Doug Wright

One of Becky's close friends, Doug Wright, suffered from a brain aneurysm last week while they were out riding their bikes. While his surgery last week went well, last night due to increase swelling of his brain, the doctors had to perform a craniotomy. Doug is currently undergoing an angiogram to determine the extent, if any, of vasel spasm or other complications which may have been caused by the excessive swelling. Chances of survival are good but chances of damage are unknown, so at this point its a waiting game.

A few of you have met Doug and know what a great person he is. He has been such a wonderful friend to Becky and for that I will always be grateful. Plus he is one of the only people I know that has completed the Appalachian Trail!

Please remember to keep him in your prayers - they are very much needed.

If you want to keep up with his progress his family has created a Care Page. Go to www.carepage.com and search for dougwright3 (you'll have to create a username - I promise they won't spam you!).

No comments: