Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yellowstone Highlights

I took far too many pictures on our recent family vacation to Yellowstone, so here are a few highlights.

For those of you who don't know, both of my parents turned 60 this year. It has always been my mom's dream to take us to Yellowstone (they both went as kids). So for their 60th my sister's and I organized a family trip (this was before we even knew we'd be totting around with a 3 month old!).

The trip exceeded my expectations exponentially! This place was GORGEOUS! The cabin that we rented, close to West Yellowstone, was a dream home - on the water, with snow capped mountains and a fire pit! We saw more wildlife than I ever expected, and the micro-climates inside the part were amazing. And to top it off, Landon was an absolute dream traveler! YAY!

So, off we went!

Group shot in front of the entrance sign


The view from our deck


Mesa Falls


At the top of the falls inside Yellowstone


Heading into Mammoth


Aunt Erin getting some Landon time


And, that's a wolf! Which is a VERY rare sighting seeing that there are only 100 within the park.


Buffalo at close range (no zoom, but we were in the car)


And who can forget the Grizzly sighting! So COOL!!


Apparently one pair of binoculars wasn't enough for Erin


Landon slept through most hikes


The Grand Tetons!


Morning coffee on the deck!



The painted pots


Yes, that is my family BEHIND the bear warning sign!


Well hello there Mr. Elk, I'm glad there is a stream separating the two of us!


Yes, that is someone's front yard. Elk were everywhere! (Buffalo too!)


The family (minus Landon because he was asleep) in front of the bonfire


Old Faithful!!


Getting proof that Landon was there :)


Tim & I at Lake Yellowstone


Christmas card worthy


Our little family of three!


No comments: