Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ahhhh...Napa & Sonoma...FINALLY we meet!!

It is no secret that Tim & I love to drink wine. Therefore, we have been wanting/planning/wishing for a trip out to wine country for quite some time. After we left San Francisco, we headed up north to Sonoma County to a little bed and breakfast called the Inn at Sonoma. We spent the next three days wine tasting in both Sonoma and Napa Valley, covering fifteen wineries, tasting delicious wine, and planning how we could buy our own winery :)
Sunday Wineries: Del Dotto Winery & Caves, Jarvis, and Domaine Carnernos (Champagne!)

Monday Wineries: Kuleto Estates, Silver Oak, Joseph Phelps, Casa Nuestra, Rombauer, and ZD Winery - this is the day we hired a driver, who became more of a tour guide to us. He was awesome, and the tallest person I have ever met!

Tuesday Wineries: Benzinger, Chateau St. Jean, Kunde Family Vineyards, B.R. Cohn, Valley of the Moon, and Mayo Vineyards
Sorry, my pictures are a little out of order!

Tim & I outside of Domaine Carneros

In the wine caves at Rombauer with our driver, Rodney

So many choices! And this was just in Glen Ellen, part of Sonoma!

The olive trees at BR Cohn

The morning storm blowing out, I love this picture!

Chateau St. Jean

Tim & I at ZD Winery

Tim & I outside of the Rombauer wine cave where we got a private tour :)

Napa Valley from the porch at Domaine Carneros

Domaine Carneros, the only sparkling place we went

A cork tree outside of Jarvis, this was really cool to feel!

Tasting straight from the barrel at Del Dotto

The candlelit caves at Del Dotto
The Inn at Sonoma, the B&B where we stayed

No comments: