Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Tim and I spent a long weekend up at the Sharkey's cabin in Blue Ridge this month. We took Friday off of work to get some extra R&R. We went up Thursday night and arrived just in time to have a sunset cocktail, make dinner, and get in the hot tub! Friday was spent in Dahlonega wine tasting (YUM!). The weather was a bit over cast but at least we didn't have any rain! My parents came up on Saturday morning to spend the rest of the weekend with us. We went hiking, cooked out, watched football, and soaked in the hot tub. It was a fantastic weekend and we are very grateful to the Sharkey's for letting us spend the weekend in their wonderful mountain home! Here are a few of the highlights:

Sunrise over the mountains (yes, we were up that early, even vacation doesn't break us of our habits!)

The mountain view from the porch

Tim & I on the vineyard

The vineyard at harvest is so pretty!


Yummy grapes just waiting to be picked!

Me and my sweet fur child, Bella (I LOVE this dog!)

The waterfall we saw on our hike


Dad, Mom, Tim, and I on our hike
My sweet little cuddle bunny :)


This is a picture from a few weekends back when the Krafts got to visit the lake house. I love these sweet little mini Andy's (& Colleen's!) they are so much fun!

2 comments:

ATLKrafts said...

yes, i agree, those children are adorable...

Ashley, Scott, Grace, & Zane said...

I love the hair cut!! I miss you lots!!