We can not believe it has been a year already! Where does the time go?!?! Off to Destin we went to celebrate for five days at a beachside Bed and Breakfast. That was the first B&B I have ever stayed at, now I understand the appeal. Although according to a frequent B&B patron, this could hardly be considered a true Bed and Breakfast, as it has 31 rooms. BUT it did have wonderful Belgium waffles and omelets and much to my delight, they had fruit and yogurt parfaits. Keeping with the tradition at the lake, we had coffee on the deck every morning :) The place we stayed at was on a private beach (thank goodness we didn't have to deal with the public beaches of Destin!), adults only, had a complementary happy hour everyday and also had bikes and kayaks that you could take out...which we did, everyday! The bikes were more what I consider "beach cruisers" as you sit high up and barely have to bend to reach the handle bars...it was a comfortable ride! Tim felt more like we were in the 1950s since they were so different from our bikes at home. He promptly started singing "Lollipop" while he rode around (see video! The screaming you hear is me almost running into things as I'm trying to record :)
We arrived Thursday night just in time for sunset, checked into our room and headed out in search for sushi (surprised?) which conveniently was only 2 blocks from the B&B. Friday morning we woke up bright and early and took the kayaks out. This is a whole new adventure in the ocean! When we went back out on Sunday morning and the waves were much bigger. I got caught on one and it took me all the way back into shore and then flipped me over! Needless to say, I didn't want to go back out after that. But Tim thought that looked more fun than just simply paddling and went out to buy a boogie board. He must have grown fins that day because he didn't come in for almost 3 hours! It kind of made me laugh because I looked down the beach and all the ladies were under their umbrellas reading and the ocean was filled with men boogie boarding, riding waves and playing football in the rough surf. Anything to keep them entertained I guess :)
We did have one mishap, while we were out riding bikes one morning, someone hit our car in the parking lot (yes, the brand new one that is weeks old!!). Thank goodness he stopped and gave the front desk his name and number! A little frustrating but we didn't let it ruin the day.
We got home Monday night in time to eat the 1st layer of our wedding cake. I have heard many horror stories about how bad these things taste. But much to our surprise, it was delightful! Since we were polite with the cake eating at the wedding, we abandoned that for the 1st year tradition. I think I inhaled a little bit of cake...through my nose!! I'm sure you will all get a kick out of our pictures. (Thanks for the tripod Aunt Lauren!)
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love it! I hope you had a fantastic anniversary. I can't believe it has been a year either! How time flies.
Post a Comment