Sunday, June 29, 2008

Across the Pond

It was another fun trip across the pond last week. It was the first time I was back in London since my study abroad trip in 2003. I was so excited, I could barely sleep on the flight over there. My company sent me to London because one of our clients (which I happen to be the client manager for) was having issues with their kiosks. So I got to spend the weekend in the UK before heading to Amsterdam for our annual trade show. Once I got finished with my meetings I kicked it into "Super Tourist" mode as I was only there for 48 hours before heading to Amsterdam. In 36 hours I saw: Houses of Parliament, London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Notting Hill, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Harrods, Covent Garden and the Wellington Arch. The weather in the pictures looks gross and raining, which it was, however it never actually rained on me so it didn't put a damper on my time there. It was just as wonderful as I remember it! Amsterdam was more work than it was play; however, we still had time to do a bit of sight seeing. This was my 3rd time in Amsterdam so there wasn't a whole lot left for me to see, within city limits. It is such a different way of life over there and not just for the obvious reasons. People just move much slower there, they aren't always in a hurry to get somewhere. It was a nice change of pace. Plus it has some of the best people watching I have EVER seen. It was a great trip. The only part missing was Tim...maybe next year!




This is a quick video clip of when I tried to get Big Ben while it was ringing. Not such a great job but you get the jist :)





Street performers in Covent Garden:

No comments: